"I am writing to thank Chris Flaig and the Decosimo staff for a very positive experience during our first independent audit with your firm this past fiscal year.
- The transition from our previous auditor of six years went very smoothly. We appreciated that your staff took the initiative to contact the previous auditor and obtain the necessary records and adjustments.
- As the audit progressed, it became clear that Decosimo has an in-depth knowledge of the nonprofit accounting and financial processes and issues.
- Fund-accounting expertise
- Experience with Medicaid and behavioral health cost reporting and compliance audits
- Understanding of single audit, federal, state and local funding guidelines
- We appreciated the thoroughness and the respectful working relationship of the on-site audit team. Their requests were reasonable and focused. They asked questions rather than making assumptions about our processes.
- The audit and 990 were completed on time without the need to apply for an extension.
- Questions we had regarding other tax related issues were answered thoroughly and in a manner specific to our situation.
Overall, the audit process went smoothly, especially for the first year. LifeSpan benefitted from the suggestions made to improve documentation and streamline our processes. We look forward to the continuance of a good working relationship with Decosimo as we prepare for the FY2008-2009 audit."
Cynthia Stever, Ph.D.
Chief Executive Officer