|Not-for-profit organizations have their own distinguishing characteristics. While most not-for-profit organizations' resources are limited and restricted to charitable purposes, their operations must remain simplified yet efficient. These organizations require more detailed planning and are under public scrutiny now more than ever before.
In today's rapidly changing business environment, the ability to successfully navigate the operational and regulatory environment associated with a tax-exempt status requires a specialized advisory relationship.
Decosimo possesses the knowledge and resources specific to the not-for-profit industry. We provide our not-for-profit clients with access to certified public accountants who have undergone specialized training and have dedicated their careers to serving tax-exempt organizations.
Decosimo dedicates a not-for-profit team that is passionately committed to not-for-profit service year round. Our not-for-profit team comprises professionals who serve in not-for-profit board positions and have experience working as elected government officials and as key members within state society and AICPA not-for-profit committees. Serving in such capacities equips our team with valuable insight into what financial information is needed to aid not-for-profit management, finance and audit committees and executive board members in making important business decisions. The Decosimo not-for-profit team has built its service model around providing value-added tools to allow executive management to plan for the future.
To that end, your Decosimo team will work to provide information such as trend and benchmarking analysis, insights into current and future grant and funding expectations, and best practices for effective and efficient operations of the business side of the organization, priority- and zero-based budgeting and more.
We Can Help
Decosimo has developed a highly skilled team of more than 40 professionals who serve more than 100 tax-exempt organizations. Ranging in size from $250,000 to $1.15 billion in assets, our tax-exempt clients include:
- Airport Authorities
- Civic Organizations
- Community Service Organizations
- Not-for-profit Hospitals and other Healthcare Entities
- Government Agencies
- Health Advocacy Groups
- Faith-Based Organizations
- Schools and Universities
- Professional Associations
Contact our experienced not-for-profit team and ask us how we can help when you need expertise in the areas of assurance, compliance with OMB Circulars, tax compliance, performance improvement and corporate governance.
- Audits, including Government Auditing Standards also known as Yellow Book Audits and Circular OMB A-133 Single Audits
- Tax Planning and Compliance, Form 990/990T Preparation
- 403(b) Plan Audits and Form 5500 Preparation
- Forecasts and Projections
- FIN 48 (Uncertain Tax Positions) and Unrelated Business Income Analysis
- Operations Analysis and Performance Audits
- Grant Agreement Analysis
- Arbitrage Calculations for
- Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act and Endowment Accounting Support
- Net Asset Calculations and Analysis (Unrestricted, Temporarily Restricted, Permanently Restricted)
- Fringe Benefit Policy Reviews
- Executive Compensation Planning
Decosimo is a member of the Greater Chattanooga Center for Nonprofits (CNP).